Please find below all the information you need prior to applying for a place in our school. Please contact the school office if you have any questions which have not been answered here. Please ensure you complete the school admissions application form (see below) and make sure it is delivered by hand or registered post.
School Admission Secretary: Mrs Sarah Sharp
Trafford Local Authority holds information regarding Admission to the school.
Contact: Marilyn Golding, School Admissions Service Manager 0161 912 1853
If you would like to apply for a place within an academic year, then please do not hesitate to contact the school office by phone on 0161 973 4938 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made to the school by completing the in-year admissions application form and returning it to email@example.com
All in-year admissions are dealt with directly by school. A copy of our in-year admissions form will be sent to you for completion or can alternatively be found below
Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements for 2021, will be applied. Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with the local authority email@example.com
To view our Admissions Policy for 2021-2022, please see below
To view our Admissions Policy for 2022-2023, please see below
Current Oversubscription Criteria
Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Baptised Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
- Baptised Catholic children who are resident in the parish of St Joseph's. (see notes 3&5)
- Baptised Catholic children who are resident in other parishes (see notes 3 &5)
- Non Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
- Non Catholic children whose parents wish them to have a Catholic education.
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provisions will be applied in the following order.
- The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made. If there are more applications than places available, places will be allocated to children who live nearest to the school, calculated in a direct straight line from the child's permanent place of residence to the school measured using property co-ordinates provided through a combination of the Trafford Local Land and Property Gazetteer (BS7666) and Royal Mail Postal Address Information. In the case of a child living in a block of flats, the distance will be measured in the same way. (see note 5).